Do you need a home inspection?
Most home owners do not carry out home inspection before the move into their new homes. It is very interesting that most people when it comes to buying a car will contract an experience mechanic to give them a second opinion about the engine and the general condition of the car before purchasing the vehicle. But when it comes to buying a home this is usually not the case of getting a home inspection done.
When do you need a home inspection?
There is no perfect home even if it is newly constructed. When you agree on the price of the property with the seller, be it old or new you have to get a professional to do a home inspection before signing the final contract. This process can save you a lot of money and less stress in the future.
So what happens during home inspection?
The home inspector will ensure that there are no major issues with the property. He will do the following:
• He or she will check the structural and mechanical damages. Are the pillars and beams in the right places and was it done well to give the building a solid base? He will take a look at the foundation as well.
• Inspecting the plumbing and electrical wiring is very important. These days anybody who can join two pipes together calls himself a plumber.
• Will ensure that the roof is done well and can withstand any rain storm especially in June and July in Africa for example.
• Ensure that electrical appliances functions well
• Looking for signs of mold and mildew in the home. Bathroom drainage is perfect.
• The drainage system outside the home. Will water from the street gutters overflow to your compound?
• Look for termites and other creeping insets or reptiles.
What happen when your home inspector come with a negative report?
In such a case you have to make the decision based on what is best for you and your family. You can do the following:
1. Ask the home owner to repair all the defects found during the home inspection process.
2. Renegotiate the price to reflect the true value of the property
3. You can decided not to buy the property and ask your agent look for a suitable home for you.
For more information on home and roof inspection, visit http://laredotxroofing.com/